Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lava field build.


Hello all its Flick,
Mr. Harold’s table top brother in arms and silent contributor to Clear Horizons.  I’d like to thank you all for your comments on our work. Harold has ask me to post some picks of my lava field build’s sooooo here I go. I hope you enjoy them and I hope they inspire you.
Thank you.

For this build I used dense pink foam used in home insulation that can be bought at most big hardware stores like Lows or Home depot. The base is just hard board like Masonite, some white glue to hold the whole this together, sand paper and versus other tools like knives and tweezers to cut and sculpt the foam into rock forms. 



Next cut the Base board to the shape you want and sand the edges so you get a smother transition from your playing surface to your piece.




Now the fun part! Cut the foam into the size and shape you want your rocks to be “don’t worry if it’s not perfect remember real rocks aren't perfect”  when you’re done white glue them to your base.



Once your Glue is dry you can start applying the ground basing medium. I like to use Golden gel mediums Coarse Pumice Gel. I apply this with a wet brush so it’s easy to move around the board surface While applying the gel you can make craters and cracks with your brush.  Drying time will vary depending how thick you put it on, I like to let mine dry for at least two days. 







In a few days I will post the paint up. Once the piece has dried and I get home from Work.
Thanks for reading.