Thursday, October 18, 2012

Camera Setup

Hi All,

Here are a couple of pictures showing my photo setup:


The Top light gives a nice overall lighting of the scene.  The lights in front are at the same level of the miniature.  This allows for all the areas to be filled in.  I wasn't using any reflectors or anything to soften the light so I simply pulled the lights further back.  This allowed it to diffuse a bit.


Here is a different view. 

I like to separate my background from the miniature enough so that I get a slight blurring of the background from the depth of field. 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing the lighting setup, what are the white polygons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my wife asked the same questions, I was just showing the direction of the light... I guess I didn't come off as clear as I could of :)

      Delete
    2. Just so people don't think Sean is crazy I had pics with polygons showing the direction of the light overlaid up there, but I was replaced it with just the regular photos...

      Delete
  2. LOL I was looking for them as well and was thinking huh? Nice to see your setup. I could do with investing in some lighting at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I thought that might be the case but kept on wondering if they were chunks of foam core. Reducing their opacity or putting a directional arrow would have driven it home for those of us with lack of imagination. I'm just glad I didn't ask about the unicorns ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. back of the net!

    Cheers Harold!


    p.s

    keep an eye out for the post in the next week :)

    ReplyDelete

We welcome any comments or suggestions!