Monday, May 6, 2013

ClearHorizon Miniatures - Sneak Peek - Drop Pod HEL/DIV

Hi Everyone!

I'd like to announce that i've been working on getting a new miniatures line up, called ClearHorizon Miniatures.

I have miniatures being sculpted, and a drop pod has been designed and will be cast up in resin.

I'm not ready to talk about the miniatures yet (although they are very cool ;) and are being sculpted by Rodrick Campbell from Highlander Studios), but I wanted to show off what Steve Tyler from CoolHand3d has 3D sculpted:





It is approx 29mm tall and approx 38mm wide.

It is designed to hold two occupants in each of it's three facings, for a total of six, although we've designed it with closed interior doors so you can say there are as many inside as you want.

The ramps and landing gear are all separate, in case you want to have a closed or open drop pod.

As far as the inner doors opening:

From Jane's Drop Pods and Dropships 2236

"The High Energy Landing / Direct Insertion Vehicle Mark X9 features a unique inner door that protects the occupants even after the ramps have released and deployed.  In order to allow the door to open in the space provided the door has been constructed out of electric-memonic laminate nanite-based titanium  and carbon alloy.  When opening an electric charge is applied at a very specific frequency.  The nanites then restructure themselves so that the top of the door widens by approx 6.2 cm. The remainder of the door then collapses into the space at the top and then solidifies open.  To close the opposite occurs"


The design is being printed in 3d now, and I hope to have the resin castings available for sale soon™.

Thanks for looking, and I can't wait to show you guys more!

Harold
ClearHorizon Miniatures

18 comments:

  1. Good luck with your project Mr. H! The rendering of the drop pod looks great, and I'm looking forward to further developments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff and best of luck with the new range. Sign me up for a couple drop pods, it looks quality. Is there an engine on the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      It's mostly flat on the bottom, but there is a small retro-engine under it.

      Delete
  3. I'll have one of those drop pods...or two....dammit I'll have a lot of them, any idea of a price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      As far as a price point… I have one in mind, but I'm still waiting for some cost numbers to come in before I set it in stone. It should be in line with other 15mm light vehicles.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool... no I mean COOOOL!!!
    When will they be available and how much will they set me back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully soon, like a month soon, but I don't have any definites yet!

      Also, they should be about the same price as other resin vehicles...

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to see what else will follow. The droppod already looks great. Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your own miniatures?! Cool :D This looks great by the way, I can't wait to see it cast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you got your shop set up? Or are you selling through a different venue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's at clearhorizonminiatures.com still waiting for the first casts to come in any day :)

      Delete
    2. Excellent. My July budget is overdrawn, but I've bookmarked it and will be very happy to do a small part in supporting a new creative vision.

      Delete
    3. Appreciated for sure :) I have a lot of cool stuff in the pipeline!!

      Delete
  9. Sorry, latecomer to your blog, which is great by the way!, love the drop pod and 15mm models im mostly into 40k but going to take a good look at what else is on offer, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome any comments or suggestions!