Tuesday, July 10, 2012

To Do List - Rules and Terrain... Ideas welcome :)

Well, I have a short list of things I want to do...

1)  Rules-wise:


  • Figure out a way to incorporate shadowrun-like magic into 5150: NB (Invisibility, mana bolt, armor, etc)
  • Use the existing "alien" attribute rules to make packages for each meta-human race
2) Terrain

After looking at this concept art for Shadowrun Returns:




The thing I really like about this images are all the cables strung everywhere.  I'm going to try and use wooden dowels, with a grain and stain, along with black thread to try and replicate something like this that is still playable.

The other thing I need is advertising.  I need neon signs, billboards, etc.

Any suggestions?





7 comments:

  1. Nice artwork. Look forward to seeing your table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bladerunner - the imagery is almost identical.

    Regarding rules - armour would push successes up to 5, 6 rather than 4, 5, 6. Invisibility would make Sight Tests harder and to hit successes harder as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Road signs and markings, waste bins, skips, lamposts, fire hydrants. Advertising(everything from neon signs to posters pasted on the wall). Graffiti. Home made posted for missing cats/children/robots. Just keep adding as much to the street as you can. Layer apon layer. Infomation overload.

    This is so much easier for me to type than for you to do so I do appologise. This could look spectacular. I almost wish I was doing it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree... all these things would be great. It sounds like a lot, but I think if I just tackle it one at a time it will go just fine. Thanks for the suggestions :)

      Delete
  4. Maybe use clear card sleeves for collectable cards for signs. I saw a blog where this guy used them and they looked awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that too... I'll have to see what I can do with it!

      Delete
  5. Hello,

    1) I, too, am thinking to incorporate magic into 5150:NB. For the moment my only idea is taking magic rules from Warrior Heroes:AA.

    2) I'm (slowly) building a Mos Eisley like town in 15mm. For advertising I'm going to use this : http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/sci-fi-computer-screen-detailing-set.html

    cheers

    david

    ReplyDelete

We welcome any comments or suggestions!